Wednesday, May 20, 2009

What I Will Remember

Rachel posted something like this on Facebook, and encouraged others to do the same. So here's what I will remember from each year of my time at Messiah College. What will you remember?

First Year:
- Hess Basement :)
- Wearing Chucks to the homecoming dance, and starting a personal tradition that lasted almost all four years
- An Amish Paradise? FYS, Popsicles, Witness at Dave's house, and a field trip to Sally Esh's house
- The Bob Jones University/Beyonce remix
- Created and Called for Community with Brian Smith
- Dictator Bowling and "The Suitor" read-aloud

Sophomore Year:
- Bittner 3rd, and the ever spacious quad
- Acclamation Ballet 2
- Bucket of chickens and Little Miss Sunshine
- Hmmm... I don't seem to remember much from sophomore year...

Junior Year:
- Joining Res Life as part of Bittner (and SoCo) staff!
- Dressing up as a Mexican bandit for a mystery dinner
- Changing my major to Studio Art!
- Dinner Squad :)
- Staying on campus for the summer with some great friends

Senior Year:
- Skelly Staff <3
- Senior show
- Footloose!
- Men's Volleyball, t-shirts and road trips
- Breakfast Club and Lunch Bunch
- Human Sexuality and Abnormal Psych
- Graduation, of course...

It will be interesting to reflect on my college experiences in a few years, or a few decades even. Memories come to mind easily now, and even the most obscure moments return with a trigger. But when everything stops being so fresh, what will I remember? My hope is that I will remain connected with my college friends somehow, and these memories will not be lost because our friendship will serve as living reminders of all the special moments.

No comments: